Interested in applying for the Countdown to Launch NSF I-Corps program at the UArizona? Here's how.
1) Review the requirements
To be eligible for Countdown to Launch NSF I-Corps, you must fulfill these requirements:
- You are applying as a team that has at a minimum: an entrepreneurial lead and an academic lead who fall into one of these categories: UA student; an alumnus that has graduated within the past year; faculty member, staff or AZCI client with a STEM-related technology you wish to commercialize. UA-owned and non-UA-owned technologies are eligible.
- Your technology has significant technical risk and is scalable and potentially patentable.
- Teams must have a team member or advisor that is PI eligible.
- Teams must not have prior SBIR/STTR funding or investment greater than $75k for the technology.
- You are committed to one-course session per week for six weeks (which includes in-person classes and outside assignments), fulfilling the reporting requirements, and using funds your team might receive as outlined in the UA/TLA funding guidelines.
2) Understand timing of your opportunity
Tech Launch Arizona regularly runs cohorts throughout the year. The following cohort start dates are currently planned. When you apply, be sure to indicate which cohort is of the greatest interest to you and your team.
- Cohort 22: September 8 through October 27, 2021
- Cohort 23: January 12 through March 2, 2022
- Cohort 24: May 18 through July 6, 2022
3) Contact us with your questions
To make things easy, we've got lots of ways for you to engage with our team, get your questions answered, and apply. Just contact Aileen Dingus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520.626.4606, and we'll get you the answers and help you need.
The application is brief and easy, so once you've got the info you need, download and submit your application. Make sure you know the schedule of upcoming classes, and which cohort you're applying for.
"Great experience!! Helped me reach out and engage pharma and academicians in a new, more productive way. My team, especially Peter and Ken with Ike, helped move my method, strategy, and planning down the road."
– Terrence Stull, I-Corps Team Member