Personalized services to help you maximize the impact of your innovative work.
We provide services and an extensive network of experts to help you develop, protect, and commercialize inventions. Our services are available to faculty, staff, researchers, graduate students and postdocs – anyone who has created an invention in the course of their work as an employee of the UArizona. If you have an invention that could help make the world a better place, we're ready to help make it happen,.
Our goal is to provide on-time, targeted, personalized attention to help you achieve your impact goals. Our services include:
- Intellectual property research and protection
- Research and marketing to identify markets and potential licensees
- Asset development funding to advance university inventions
- Licensee identification and negotiation
- Startup support for entrepreneurial researchers
When you engage with TLA, you open doors to multiple opportunities, such as:
- Increased funding for your lab, department, and college
- Qualification for industry and federal grants, such as SBIR funds
- Making your research more attractive for future funding
Contact us and we'll match you with a Licensing Manager who can get you started.
"I encourage everyone – researchers, entrepreneurs, students, and everyone who is
passionate about an idea – to get engaged, to get involved with the process."
– Dr. Robert C. Robbins, 22nd President of the University of Arizona,
speaking about commercialization at the 2020 TLA I-Squared Expo & Awards
Helpful starting points for Faculty/Staff Inventors:
How does commercialization work?
Learn more about the process, from disclosure to protection to licensing.
Do you have an invention in mind?
It all starts when you open a conversation with a TLA licensing manager.