Whether you already know you want to pursue a startup or just have questions about the process, TLA is here to help, regardless of your experience as an entrepreneur.
Drawing on our team of experienced mentors and entrepreneurs, we support entrepreneurial inventors through all the phases leading to the launch of a startup.
The University of Arizona is a place of learning, invention and discovery. For over 100 years, these discoveries have significantly changed our world and have become the foundation for successful companies like Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals, SinfoníaRx, Codelucida and FreeFall – all of whom continue to explore, develop new ideas and bring them to the marketplace.
We’re looking for the next discoveries that will make a better world. For more information on companies we have helped launch or the startup process, please contact us.
How does TLA support UArizona startup teams?
We offer a full suite of services, resources and support, including:
- Early-stage assessments
- Resources to advance early-stage inventions closer to readiness for license, from market research to IP protection to Asset Development funds
- Conflict-of-Interest process support, get details on the COI website
- Commercialization plan development, from business planning to financing and more
- Customer discovery through the I-Corps program
- Leadership team development to identify and engage expert business leadership and a capable management team
- Ownership agreement development
- SBIR/STTR and other grant support