At Tech Launch Arizona, we bring UA discoveries and inventions to the world by identifying the most promising and then licensing them to existing companies or using them as the foundations of new companies we build from the ground up.
Engaging with TLA means being a part of the conversations and actions that foster ideas from lab-bound innovations to real-world solutions, taking research beyond academia to drive economic and social impact.
If you're inspired by new technologies and the potential for meaningful change, explore these opportunities to work with TLA.
We are currently searching for candidates for the following position:
Student Office Assistant- Front Desk
Tech Launch Arizona is seeking a motivated student employee to support the business office as a part-time office assistant. Clerical tasks will include filing, photocopying, answering phones, assisting with mailings, data entry, scanning, making important deliveries throughout campus and other tasks as assigned by the staff of Tech Launch Arizona and Tech Transfer Arizona. The student must have good communication skills when working with departments and other organizations, work well under pressure and in a group setting, and be able to stay on task.
Desired start date is January 22, 2018 and will be effective until the end of the spring semester, with a possibility of it being extended through the summer and fall semester.
Note: Tech Launch Arizona is located off-campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone calls and provide assistance as initial point of contact
- Provide support to administrative and business office staff related to document processing
- Copy, file, and retrieve office mail
- Pick up and deliver important documents from various offices on campus
- Assist with daily deposit and data entry
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Microsoft Office experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Federal Work Study eligible preferred, but not required
- Available during the summer months