Startups are one of the most exciting endpoints (or better, starting points) for UA technologies. Whether you already know you want to pursue a startup or just have questions about the process, TLA is here to help, regardless of your experience as an entrepreneur.
TLA works with UA inventors interested in potential startups to:
- Conduct early-stage assessments, such as asset development projects
- Develop a commercialization plan, including plans for financing
- Identify and engage expert business leadership and a capable management team
- Develop ownership agreements for multiple stakeholders
- Apply for federal SBIR/STTR grants or other funding
To learn more, read about some of the recent startups that have developed based on UA inventions.
Helpful Information for Startups
Are you going through the startup process? Check out the TLA Business Planning and Resource Guide, which includes:
- Getting Started: How do you get from idea to execution? Who can help you?
- Go To Market: Who IS your customer? How is the market segmented? Who actually does the selling? What are the channels? Are you ready to consider FCS?
- Financials: What are cash and balance sheets? What are my funding options, like FFF, angels and VCs? Are SBIR/STTR grants a good option? How do we get revenue flowing?
- Value Proposition: What is the problem you're solving and who cares? Why is this a problem? What is the context? What trends are driving the issue in the industry/world?
- Operations: What is your business model and how will you make and sell your product? How will you structure your governance? What tools and functions do you need to think through?
- Exit: What is your licensing strategy? Have you thought about acquisition? Will you have an IPO? How will you grow and run your company to attain these goals?