At Tech Launch Arizona, we bring UA discoveries and inventions to the world by identifying the most promising and then licensing them to existing companies or using them as the foundations of new companies we build from the ground up.
Engaging with TLA means being a part of the conversations and actions that foster ideas from lab-bound innovations to real-world solutions, taking research beyond academia to drive economic and social impact.
If you're inspired by new technologies and the potential for meaningful change, explore these opportunities to work with TLA.
Please expand the titles below for complete job descriptions.
Purpose of position
The Business Intelligence Research Analyst will assist the Business Intelligence Manager in the commercialization assessment of various technologies disclosed to the Tech Launch Arizona office. Technologies cover a range of domains and cluster around the six major Intellectual Property (IP) generating colleges of the University: Optical Sciences; CALS; Engineering; Medicine; Eller IT/Informatics; and Science. The emphasis of the position will be to support early stage assessments of the IP’s commercialization potential. Through a detailed assessment of key factors, the business intelligence research analyst will help deliver an understanding of the opportunity and the Intellectual Property. Each Business Intelligence Research Analyst must have experience in a technical field related to either physical science or life science (optics, chemistry, engineering, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, life science, software etc.) through personal experiences or through their selected major of study.
The opening will be focused on life science based technologies.
- Assist in patent and literature search of specific subject matter, in the areas of biomedical sciences, physical sciences and engineering
- Gain a basic understanding of the IP’s functionality, capabilities, competitive landscape, and potential applications
- Research, recognize and report common trends and themes in specific research
- Concisely summarize and report findings
- Write non-confidential summaries for technologies in a timely manner
- Write commercialization assessment reports in a timely manner
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Upper-level undergraduate or graduate student NOT on a Research/Teaching Assistantship contract
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to independently manage, track, and execute several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to execute work with thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to commit to working 10 hours per week during the academic semester or 20 hours per week during summer
- Technical background or working towards a degree related to the life sciences or physical sciences.
- Successful work experience in a technical or market research capacity (Applicable educational experience can be applied)
- Previous work experience with life science or physical science research
- Ability to work over summer months
- Excellent writing skills
- Eligible graduate students in life science or physical science related fields such as pharmaceuticals, chemistry, biochemistry, engineering, optics, software, etc.
- Eligible business, MBA, or Law students
- with some technical background as described above
Having a keen interest in technology commercialization, intellectual property and the vision of moving innovations from labs to marketplace.
Apply at https://app.joinhandshake.com, job posting #1062045
Tech Launch Arizona is seeking a motivated student employee to support the business office as a part-time office assistant. Clerical tasks will include filing, photocopying, answering phones, assisting with mailings, data entry, scanning, making important deliveries throughout campus and other tasks as assigned by the staff of Tech Launch Arizona and Tech Transfer Arizona. The student must have good communication skills when working with departments and other organizations, work well under pressure and in a group setting, and be able to stay on task.
Desired start date is January 15, 2018 and will be effective until the end of the Spring semester, with a possibility of it being extended through the Summer and Fall semester. Note: Tech Launch Arizona is located off-campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone calls and provide assistance as initial point of contact
- Provide support to administrative and business office staff related to document processing
- Copy, file, and retrieve office mail
- Pick up and deliver important documents from various offices on campus
- Assist with daily deposit and data entry
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week during the academic year
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Microsoft Office experience including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Federal Work Study eligible preferred, but not required
- Available during the summer months