TLA has a full-time job opening available at this time for the position below. For all current UA job postings, visit https://uacareers.com/ (link is external)
Alternatively, if you are a student, we do have these opportunities.
Assistant Director, Business Development
The Tech Launch Arizona (TLA) Business Development team is expanding to recruit an Assistant Director. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, outgoing, and will have proven technology commercialization and startup experience. This position will focus primarily on startup activities, and will report to the Director of TLA Business Development.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the creation and tracking of startup companies founded on UA Intellectual Property (IP):
- Work with team to assess commercial opportunities
- Engage Mentors-in-Residence to monitor and advance startup cases and to manage the dashboard report
- Serve as a backup Mentor-in-Residence where appropriate
- Work with team to develop and support startup resources: collateral, workshops and clinics, outreach, other
- Support the NSF I-Corps program efforts
- Work with Director on team initiatives:
- Lead the annual startup impact study and faculty surveys
- Engage in ongoing peer review and assessment of best practices
- Identify and pursue other resources / grants designed to enhance commercialization efforts
- Provide support where needed
- Bachelor’s degree
Business startup, development, leadership and mentoring experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology commercialization, entrepreneurship, and innovation management concepts
- Ability to represent Tech Launch Arizona and the UA in a range of professional settings
- Exceptional project management and communication skills.
- Scientific and/or business degree
- University research commercialization experience
- Familiarity with NSF I-Corps or similar entrepreneurial programs
- General understanding of university culture and activities
- Understanding of the region’s economic and entrepreneurial landscape
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs.