Please read carefully, and then download the application form at the bottom of this page.
TLA and our collaborators perform all NSF I-Corps Team recruitment. Feel free to contact any of these collaborators to discuss your interest and eligibility. Those collaborators include:
- The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the Eller College of Management
- The Arizona Center for Innovation
- Small Business Development Center
- The IP Clinic at the James E. Rogers College of Law
- ASUA Legal Services
- Startup Tucson
- You are applying as a team that has at a minimum: an entrepreneurial lead and an academic lead who fall into one of these categories: UA student; an alumnus that has graduated within the past year; faculty member, staff or AZCI client with a STEM-related technology you wish to commercialize. UA-owned and non-UA-owned technologies are eligible.
- Your technology has significant technical risk and is scalable and potentially patentable.
- Teams must have a team member or advisor that is PI eligible.
- Teams must not have prior SBIR/STTR funding or investment greater than $75k for the technology.
Commitment to Participation
- You are committed to completing at least 3 weeks of coursework (which includes weekly in-person classes and outside assignments), fulfilling the reporting requirements, and using funds your team might receive as outlined in the UA/TLA funding guidelines.
- Pending a “go” decision following the I-Corps Site program you are committed to applying for I-Corp Teams, SBIR/STTR awards and commercializing the technology.