Global Innovation, Global Impact: Lunch & Panel Discussion with Tech Launch Arizona and Tech.Global
Tech.Global, a program of the UA Office of Global Initiatives is a 100% student engagement experience that bridges software development with intercultural competence. Through this program, students Robert Johnson and Eddie Ornelas are developing a web solution with potential for major impact. The UA Travel Project seeks to transform registration for official university travel, making the process easier for students, faculty and staff.
While they originally developed the solution to address an internal UA problem, the team connected with Tech Launch Arizona – the office of the UA that commercializes University inventions – to expand their vision. Working with Tech.Global executive director Ash Black, the team recently went through the NSF I-Corps program at TLA, and is looking toward creating a new company to bring the travel solution they are developing to market.
Join us for lunch and hear from the panelists about their experiences as software developers, UA inventors and NSF I-Corps program participants.
Our panel will include:
- Ash Black, Tech.Global, UA Office of Global Initiatives
- Eric Smith, Commercialization Network Manager, Tech Launch Arizona
- Samantha Bares, Executive Associate, Planning & Project Management, Tech Launch Arizona
- Robert Johnson, Tech.Global UA Travel Project Team
- Eddie Ornelas, Tech.Global UA Travel Project Team
- Kevin McLaughlin, Mentor-in-Residence, Tech Launch Arizona
- Lewis Humphreys, Software & IT Licensing Manager, Tech Launch Arizona
There will be ample time for questions and answers.
UA faculty, staff and students only, please. Lunch will be provided for all who register in advance.